Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adventure at Ramanagaram

This year team outing was different from previous years. Venue was “Ramanagarm” and not any resort. I was exited and eagerly waiting for the day. On Much awaited day we started from Koramangala at 8am. For the first time in my life I was sitting in School bus.
Around we 9.30am we were at the picnic spot.

Adventure club members were setting up for the adventurous events. First was rope traversing, then rappelling and Chimney climbing. Our team head count was 60+. Hence we made 3 groups. My group first went to Chimney climbing. Instructor gave instructions for chimney climbing and demonstrated. Knew it’s a tough job but wanted to do it. I started with shoes on failed, then with socks on and failed. I tried with bear foot and I was able to do it. I took my own time but successfully climbed. I was on top of the world with no energy left to touch the sky.






Next adventure spot for our group was rappelling. It looked scary but seemed to be easier than chimney climbing. I geared up for rappelling. First few steps I was little nervous. But then I just enjoyed. I Wanted to do it again and again. This did not require energy all it required was fearless steps on rock.


We were left with “Rope traversing”. This was scheduled for our team post lunch session. I was feeling rope traversing was toughest as I felt it needs more energy. We had to climb the Ladder, this was adventurous by itself. I traversed half the distance in the way I was instructed to do. But I couldn't’t continue. My back was hurting badly. I did cover the full distance but in my own way.




Evening trek to Sunset point was cancelled as it rained. We did enjoy walking in rain at base camp. Late in the evening we had singing, dancing and bonfire. They served hot “baji” to eat. After having dinner we started back to Bangalore.
This was no doubt a most memorable trek till date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia tea[/url] is the best paunchy on fire wring readily obtainable in superstore contemporarily a days. Let slip upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select