Sunday, July 01, 2007

Not Without My Daughter

My colleague recommended “Not without My daughter” to me. I was reading for the first time a real story. As I started to read the book, it was clear that author had very bad experience in Iran(Contradict to what I had heard from Shrilatha). Each and every word in a sentence revealed hatred. Story is about an American Women (Betty) married to an Iranian (Moody) and their little darling Mehtob.
Good thing about this story, it’s a happy ending. And narration of story is good too. When I read I felt as if Betty is narrating her story sitting in front of me. This book is very unsettling. Till I completed reading, Betty, Mehatob and Moody were in my dreams. The day I completed I had a sound sleep, no more dreams on Betty, Moody or Mehtob.After all the tortures, Betty and Mehtob survive to meet their family back in America. I am unable to understand what helped them survive, their stamina or determination to survive the odds and unite with family?

No comments: