Monday, April 23, 2007

A visit to Cubbon Park

My in-laws had some work in Pensioner's office. Pensioner's office is located in Cubbon Park. Yes its inside the beautiful Cubbon Park.We started from home and drew in front of neighbours envy owner's pride "Vidhana Souda" to reach Cubbon Park.
Any time infront of Vidhana Soudha I remember my ride from Banshankari IInd stage to Cunningham road. I was getting to see the beauty of Vidhana Soudha in all
seasons. With good old memories entered Cubbon park.All the trees were looking so beautiful.That raises a question why don't we have Beautiful Tree pageant :-).

All is not well always. Same at Cubbon Park. I was disappointed to see how badly the surroundings of pensioner's office was maintained.

In-laws went to the office and I preferred to Sit below a mango tree listening to music.A person came in car , parked the car , took one book and started reading sitting below the tree.I have never tried reading sitting below a tree. I think I should try at least once to find how it feels.

My husband was exploring Cubbon park and found few were playing tennis. One of my favorite sport is tennis(I don't know to play :-(). I decided to spend rest of the time in Cubbon park watching people play tennis in bright sun.80% of the audience were in their 60s. I thought I will
have 5 or 10 minutes so preferred to stand. But One of the audience there asked me to sit by vacating the chair. It was so nice of him. I sat watching them play. I was amazed to see them play in bright Sun. First they practiced and they started playing the match. My in-laws work took good amount of time and I got to watch tennis for 45 minutes. Thanks to the person for offering me chair.

I always love walking in Cubbon Park or Lalbagh. This visit was one more memorable one.
Even though it was not as good a treat to eye as watching Federror play. But it was far better than watching our cricketers in WC :-)

1 comment:

Shrilatha Puthi said...

beautiful tree pageant..

that reminds of me a statement of some poet, he said "i have never read a poem which is as beautiful as a tree".

reading sitting below the tree

i used to do it when i was at home.. it feels really good smitha, try it sometime.