Monday, April 16, 2007

Raincoat

Much awaited Summer rain in Bangalore poured last week.And it was time for me to watch "Raincoat" and not to buy one :-)
I am talking about Raincoat Movie. Ah its old one!Yes its quite old. But I had not watched it. Had heard a lot and wanted to watch. Moreover I like Ajay Devgan.
Friday "Raincoat" was telecast in Zoom TV. And I Happened to tune to the channel exactly when they started. And no way I could miss this chance. So I started watching.
In the middle power went of due to rain. I thought that's the climax of me watching the movie.
But in few minutes power was back and me back in front of TV.
Its a slow movie. But a good movie.I liked the conversation, it was very natural. Everything was so natural.
I was unhappy with one thing :-) We(human) are too greedy.
When Ajay meets Ash at her place, I could see Ash clearly and even Ajay clearly. But Ajay says Please light the lamp so that I can see your face. Common, there is so much light why do you have to waste candle :-) Poor Ash.
I am not Ash fan, but she has really done a good job in this movie.
Watching the movie with high expectation didn't disappoint me. Even though I missed few hours of my sleep, it was worth.

3 comments:

Shrilatha Puthi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shrilatha Puthi said...

I've always told the whole world that aish is good actress, nobody believes me though :)

jokes apart, i think aish is a good actress given the circumstances are in her favor. this makes me think: how do u call an actor good/bad? what is the scale u measure them with?

In my view, much depends on the role they are playing. look what bhansali got out of aish. so to whom shud the credit go? what is that an artist adds to a character?
any actor is good given a good role. but if any actor makes a plain character watchable, that's something. ppl SRK, Madhuri, Preity Zinta have it in them.

so this is ur best aish-movie? mine is a tamil movie kandukonden kandukonden. what the director has done to aish in that is amazing! i've never seen aish like that in any other movie. in that movie she looks so natural that she can compete with the likes of jyothika n preity.

Smitha T T said...

hey shri,
Asj is not the great actress thats why you won't see her good performance more often.

ash good performance , credit should go to director. No doubt about it.
SRK and good actor no comments :-)