Monday, November 20, 2006

Songs and ME

One of my hobbies is to listen to music. I love to sing too, but no one likes to listen :-) I listen to Kannada, Hindi and English songs. I listen to folk, filmy, pop. But I don’t like rock music.

Most of the time I hum the song, which have good lyrics. Even though music catches attention first, lyrics remains for longer time in my mind. I won’t know the movie name, actors, location anything about the song but I will know the lyrics of the song.

Many enjoy the music even if they don’t get the lyrics of the song. I can’t enjoy a song if I don’t understand the meaning. When I listen to Tamil version of “Roja” song I hum Hindi lyrics.
If I like the song I can listen to same song whole day. I don’t get bored. I learn the lyrics and tune and then I can hum for myself whenever I want to listen to the song.

I listen to song sung by anyone and everyone. Sometimes I don’t like the voice of singer but if the song is good I listen to it. But vice versa song not good and it is sung by my favorite even then I won’t listen to the song.

I like S Janaki, Kavitha Krishna Murthy, Sunidhi C, Chitra and Lata ( her old songs and not new)among female singers. PBS and Sonu Nigam among male singers. Nowadays started liking Kunal Ganjawala.

Among Ghazal singers I like Pankaj Udas, Jagjit Singh and not to forget Gulam Ali. Kannada Bhavageete I like C Ashwath, what a great Singer. How energetic his songs are, my battery charges hearing to his songs.

Same with songs sung by Sunidhi. She gives her 100% to all the songs she sings whether it’s melodious (Songs of Chameli) or fast track (Mast, Khaki list goes on). Listening to songs by anyone of these Singers make me happy.

My favorite song list is huge. List has songs from old black and movie till today. Most of them are all time favorite.
Most of the days I listen to same song whole day. I call it song of the day. Today its “TangaLiyalli nanu teli bamde” from Janma Janmada AnubaMdha” Thanks to my friend for letting me know the movie name. I liked the song but didn’t know movie name to listen to song.

But Probably I don’t like the song, which has any word, repeated multiple times in the same song. For example I don’t like “manase o manse” from Chandramukhi PraNasaKhi”. Many till date like this song. Recently I heard “tanana tananam amtha hesaru” song, new movie I guess. I don’t know the name. But I don’t like the song.

Music has become the part of life. I sometime imagine what if there were no radio/TV and Tape? Everyone had to listen to their own voice :-)

2 comments:

Shrilatha Puthi said...

even i love SC.. great minds think alike ;-)

the thing i like most abt her is she's versatile, most of her rivals don’t have it in them. I have a play list of her songs which i call 'josh songs', i listen to them when my mood is low, it helps me to get better. at the same time she's best in melodious songs too.. check out 'mere haath mein' in ‘fanaa’. she's one singer who can reach to the heights of asha bonsle, I am so sad she dint get to sing in new umrao jaan..

ps: right now while writing this I am listening to 'crazy kiya re'.

Anonymous said...

Shri,
yes all songs in Lakeer are good. And the song which you are talking is Paighaam

Smitha