Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Day Good/Bad

Tuesday 28th November 2006, I reached office as usual at around 8.20am. There were couples of mails in the mailbox. US colleagues had come back from “Thanks giving” vacation and lots of issues reported. Who likes to hear about problems in their code, even I felt bad to read mails about only issues. Thought a Bad day.

But I had to start working to fix the problems and started looking at that. Usually logs provided will be insufficient and finding the root cause of the problem takes time. But that day logs were sufficient and could find the root cause for almost all issues. So thought Day is not that bad.

I have telecon every day at 6.30pm. So I go home and take the call. I left office at around 5pm so that I can reach home on time. I might have come a kilometer from office and I found front tier gone flat. Should this also happen the same day? “Bhagvaan deta hai to chappad bhadke deta hai” so true.

But again I could get hold of mechanic to fix. I couldn’t reach home before 6.30pm. So parked the car on road and attended the meeting. Day was more of problems and getting it fixed.
End of the day I couldn’t make out if it was a bad day or a good day.

No comments: