Thursday, November 23, 2006

Song From Movie “Lakeer” Sung by Daler Mehendi

I came to know about Daler Mehendi from Songs “ Bolo tara ra ra” and “Tunak Tunak tun” I always wondered why people like his voice/songs. They sound so similar and I felt his songs lacked expression( Bhava in kannada). No doubt his songs were the first choice for any college dance function at that time.Then he became famous for Duplicate Passport, but that didn’t stop him from singing for films. In glamour world any publicity is good publicity. Same happened to Daler I guess.
Around this time I happened to listen to “nachle na na nachale ,jara tal tal nachale” from “Lakeer”. I love that song. And guess what it’s sung by “Daler Mehendi”.I still don’t like his voice, but I like this song.
PS: I am not sure whether he recorded "nachale na na nachale" first or passport case was first.

1 comment:

Shrilatha Puthi said...

all the songs of movie lakeer are copied from rahman's tamil movie called 'rhythm'. the original songs are lot more better. in the same movie there is fantastic song from kavitha, i dont know the hindi lyrics of that song, u check out..