Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sabudana Upama

No No I am not giving a recipe here. I am sharing my long relation with
"Sabudana Upama".

I did my engineering in "BEC Bagalkot". First year and Final year I was in Hostel. But Second and third year I stayed with my friends in a room near to college. Attached to our room was a house were "Aunt , Uncle and their 2 kids" were staying. We were lucky to have such a nice family as neighbours. Aunt Used to prepare "SabuDana Upama" during Shivratri. She may be preparing other days too. But I had got to eat on Shivratri. It was very tastey. That time I didn't even know to prepare a cup of coffee. So I didn't bother to know the recipe.

Recently during lunch we lunch mates started discussing on "Sabudana payasam". Thanks to our caterers. Now I know to cook so I asked if any one know how to prepare "Sabudana Upama". One of them mentioned how to prepare.

On same day I happened to tell how much I like "Sabudana Upma" to my friend Shrilatha too. She probably took 1 minute to send me the blog on preparing "Sabudana Upama".I decided I will prepare on weekend.
Next day I was surprised to see one of my colleague(who was not aware of Sabudana discussion) had brought "Sabudana Upma" for her breakfast. I was shameless enough to say I love it. So sweet of her she asked me to eat. That was also very tasty.

One Sunday I prepared as mentioned in blog. I was disappointed as it was almost like a glue. I told my colleague who had brought Upama what had happened. She told I have to soak it only for 45 minutes and not 3/4 hours. Second Time I tried again. This time it wasn't glue but it was little harder. Again I told her my upama story. She said she soaks previous night and keeps in Refrigerator and prepares in the Morning. And she buys Sabudana from "FabMall".

Yesterday I did the same steps and Today yeah "Sabudana Upma" came out really nice. My theory "To learn any dish you need 3 days" proved right again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"She told I have to soak it only for 45 minutes and not 3/4 hours."

What's the difference between 45 minutes and 3/4 hour?

Saboodana upma is tasteful, I mean your blog entry!

Kepp writing.