Thursday, June 07, 2007

French Open

Yesterday I happened to watch French Open women's Semifinals. Henin And Ana were Superb. But Henin is my favorite. I am not fan of Sharapova. I feel she lacks sportsmen(women)ship.
I started liking Ana too. But still I want Henin to win.
Watching them play reminded me of the days I started following tennis.

I started watching tennis when I was in school. I liked Steffi. How calm a player can be. When I was not understanding the rules, players expression would help me to know they lost the point/won. But It was very difficult to understand from steffi expression. As she used to be calm all the time. Just opposite was Monika. No doubt Monika was a good player but I liked Steffi.Among Men players I liked Boris Becker, Pete Sampras.

Now I like Federror, watching him play is treat to eye.Now a days most players are hard hitters. But Federor place the ball very nicely.I feel he wins because of his intelligent way of placing the ball.
Today is Men's Semi Finals. I will not be able to watch. But I guess Federror and Nadal will be in Finals.
How can I forget Martina Navratilova. She is all time favorite. She is one more cool chap.



1 comment:

Shrilatha Puthi said...

hey, i prefer sharapova to henin.. may be i'm going for looks there :) she looks very mean while playing, she's otherwise sweet.. i feel she has winner's attitude..

steffi is all-time gem! i sort of stopped watching tennis after she quit..