Monday, November 05, 2007

M G road Disaster

Saturday I had to drive from Marthhalli to Rajajinagar. Only road I was aware of was Martha halli->Airport road->M G road ->Cubbon Road -> Rajbhavan road -> Malleshwaram -> Rajajinagar. I don’t try new roads especially when I am driving a car.
I started around 11.20 am from Martha halli. Even though it was a slow moving traffic at some places I reached MG road in 30 minutes. Air Port road to MG road entry was closed. Traffic was diverted. There were no boards mentioning where to take left /right to reach cubbon road. I was almost lost. I did not know where to go. Putting together all the knowledge I had of roads and direction I choose a road to go, thanks to Bangalore traffic Police even that was closed.

I had to ask many people for direction to reach cubbon road. I kept driving in the direction suggested. When I reached a road near Commercial Street I was sure I haven’t lost and I can reach home.
This was not problem with me alone. I could see many more enquiring the direction to reach their destination. I took nearly 1hr 40 minutes to reach home.
For whatever reason they block one road, it would be great help if they put the boards for the alternate road to take.

I pity those who have to live with this disaster every day.

No comments: