Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Not Paying Tax

Few days back I was flipping through old news paper. And my eyes caught an interesting article "How it feels not to pay any tax". Reading the subject itself my eyes opened wide and I guess I started dreaming about "no one in India paying Tax".
Putting a break to my day dream, I started reading the article. The guy who wrote this article mentioned that he stays in Saudi Arabia and there he earns 8000 Saudi riyals and he doesn't pay a penny as tax. Whatever he gets in paper as salary is his take home salary.
Surprisingly that person felt he was not contributing to the growth of the country as he wasn't paying tax. He also mentioned that company pays the tax.


My view regarding this is fully different. I feel company would have fixed the salary taking out the tax a person should pay. i.e if he is worth 9000 riyals he would be payed 8000 riyals.

Directly or indirectly each of us pay the tax and also part of country's growth.I don't think I will feel left out If My country says no tax from people. I will be the happiest.

No comments: